So I’m a little behind the ball on this, but a few weeks ago the girlfriend (codename: Peanut Butter) came to visit for her 30th birthday (for those of you keeping track, yes, I am dating an “older” woman haha). We visited a few wineries here in the beautiful Niagara Region, saw Niagara Falls from the Canadian side, ate some good food, and had good time… Here’s a couple favorites (or is it favourites, eh?):
Konzelmann Winery: Peanut Butter and I visited this one together, but I’ve been back on my own since then. It is one of the few wineries that sells wine by the glass and has an awesome view. I’m partial to the Baco Noir (if/when you ever order it, you have to order it as the “Baco Noir Zero”). It’s a nice semi-dry red with good very fruity overtones and bit of tobacco/earthy taste on the back end. Château de Charmes Winery: Neither one of us particularly liked the wine at this one, but it was one of the few wineries that has a full tour associated to it. I would actually say that this one is worth the visit just for the tour. We got some great info on how the wine is made in the area and how wine country settled in to the Niagara Region. Again, however, none of the wines on the tasting were terribly impressive to either one of us. Niagara Falls, Canada: True to our nature Peanut Butter felt the need to research before we went and I felt the need to just go. I won and we went with little to no research (I’ll admit that I looked up a place to park, but ultimately ended up parking somewhere else). We got some great pizza at Antica Pizza to start our Niagara Falls excursion (it’s a nice place just a few blocks from the falls). We had the Calabrese pizza minus the olives (despite my love of olives Peanut Butter is yet to see the glory of those deliciously salty little suckers) and I have to say that it was pretty darn good. Peanut Butter even says it was the best pizza she’s ever had. Prince of Wales Hotel Lounge: Peanut Butter and I did her Birthday Dinner here after a few locals talked us out of going to a place called “Corks”… The décor was basically everything I want in my future home library. Dark wood, leather, and fireplaces everywhere. The locals told us to get the Fish and Chips (a favorite of ours already so not much convincing needed). The service was spot on and the Fish and Chips were amazing. We actually went back the next day for an afternoon snack of poutine (fries and cheese curds covered in gravy). Again great food!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment