This complaint is apparently still valid at dear old Lambert Airport in St. Louis as well. I caught a glimpse of an ex (codename: Rock’em Sock’em) as she was sitting down at my gate, but it was only that, “a glimpse,” so I really wasn’t sure it was her (hell, it’s been 5+ years since I had seen her in person). I shot her a quick text message saying, “Odd question: you at gate c10 at lambert?”
There was no response for a little bit so I did one of those loud whispers, “Rock’em Sock’em?” She looked around in my general direction and then looked back down, but so did the girl that was sitting next to her so I figured either it wasn’t her and she just looked up because of a voice directed in her general direction or she was trying to ignore some blonde guy she used to date in high school. I get ignoring an ex in public and, let’s face it, running into an ex in public is like seeing a dog stand up on its hind legs; it is un-expected and somehow un-natural.
I boarded the plane and much to my surprise Rock’em Sock’em (or what I thought may be her look-a-like) sat down in my row on the other side of the plane. Then I get a text message saying, “What? Yes, I just boarded.” Turns out it was her and we texted a bit while on the tarmac before take-off and caught up briefly after the flight. We went upon our separate ways at baggage (have I mentioned that I hate having luggage when I travel? I have very seriously considered FedEx-ing things to my next destination). Seriously, though, totally like seeing a dog stand up on its hind legs…
Peace and Love, -jw

No comments:
Post a Comment